Monday, May 24, 2010

Texan Quotation of the Day

All right, so technically, the word "Yankee" did not come up in conversation, but I feel like it almost did:
Me: "[Name ommitted to protect one who has head very far up butt] isn't very friendly."
Texan: "Oh, I think that's just because she's a Northener.  She's from Massachusetts or something, you know."
Ah-hah!  My first Northern-Southern reference in conversation.  I mean, I know that I'm a Westerner, which is very different than a Massachusettian, but still.

3 comments:

  1. So how do they refer to people from Denver or (gasp) California?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. They won't tell me to my face haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having grown up in New Jersey, I can tell you we have attitude. Look at Ben Affleck & Matt Damon, both from Mass & both friendly! Friendly is definitely in the eye of the beholder. Smile & ask if they've been able to find REAL pizza or a grinder, yet. (a grinder is a sandwich similar to a hot hoagie or sub in Mass). That'll get their attention. If they still act like a-holes, then start making sarcastic comments. We get sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete