Monday, May 24, 2010

Which Are You, Boy?

“Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy, and you don’t much look like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down.” -- Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, Full Metal Jacket (1987)
I had a gentleman from West Texas complain to me that everywhere he went outside of Texas, people would ask him whether he was a steer or a queer.  He was quite, quite offended.  I couldn't feel too bad for him, though, since everywhere I go outside of California, people say, "Oooooooh, Cali-for-nia."  While this isn't quite to the "queer" level, I'm pretty sure everyone assumes I have some kind of weird alternative lifestyle anyway.  I'm also pretty sure I'm okay with that, as I don't really want to associate with people who have a problem with that, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment